1 pound tomatillos, husks removed
1 poblano pepper, halved and seeded
1 small onion, quartered
6 garlic cloves, peeled
1½ packed cups organicgirlⓇ protein greens
¼ cup chicken stock
salt and black pepper to taste
3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon fine sea salt
½ cup sour cream
5 green onions, finely chopped
1½ teaspoons cumin
eight 7-8” flour tortillas
1 cup shredded monterey jack or queso oaxaca (4 ounces)
1. preheat oven to 400°F. oil a large baking sheet.
2. on prepared baking sheet arrange tomatillos, poblano, onion, and garlic in a single layer. roast until softened and slightly browned, about 30 minutes. transfer to a blender along with greens and stock. blend until completely smooth, then add salt and pepper.
3. while vegetables roast, in a large saucepan place chicken breasts and salt. add water to cover by 1”. bring to a boil, then reduce heat immediately to simmer very slowly, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. remove to a cutting board to cool slightly, then shred with 2 forks.
4. in a medium bowl toss shredded chicken with sour cream, green onions, and cumin.
5. in the bottom of a 13 x 9” baking dish, spread a thin layer of the sauce. lay out tortillas on a countertop and divide chicken mixture between them. roll up tightly and place seam-side down in baking dish.
6. pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, then sprinkle with cheese. bake until the sauce bubbles and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.