chickpea niçoise salad
a vegan twist on a traditional niçoise salad--fish is substituted with lemon agave chickpeas, paired with blanched green beans, tomatoes, potatoes and kalamata olives atop a bed of our baby spring mix!print share this
a vegan twist on a traditional niçoise salad--fish is substituted with lemon agave chickpeas, paired with blanched green beans, tomatoes, potatoes and kalamata olives atop a bed of our baby spring mix!
1 package (5 ounces) organicgirlⓇ baby spring mix
½ cup organicgirlⓇ lemon agave dressing, divided
15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
black pepper to taste
8 ounces haricots verts or tender green beans
12oz multi-colored baby potatoes
2 roma tomatoes, cut lengthwise into quarters
⅓ cup pitted niçoise or chopped kalamata olives
1. in a food processor combine chickpeas, sunflower seeds, 2 tablespoons dressing, salt, and pepper. pulse until roughly chopped.
2. bring a large saucepan of water to a rolling boil. fill a bowl with ice water. add green beans to boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. transfer to ice water and let cool completely.
3. to same saucepan of boiling water add potatoes. reduce heat to simmer until just tender, about 10 minutes. transfer to ice water and cool completely.
4. drain green beans and potatoes well and pat dry. cut potatoes in half.
5. in a large bowl, toss spring mix with ¼ cup dressing.
6. arrange salad on plates and top with chickpea mixture, green beans, tomatoes, potatoes, and olives.
7. drizzle salads with remaining 2 tablespoons dressing.