grilled ratatouille salad
you know ratatouille, right? no... not the movie with the rat... the french vegetable dish with stewed onion, tomatoes, eggplant, and zucchini! this version is packing some smokey flavor on a bed of our crisp little gems and tossed in our fresh herb goddess dressing. it's barbecue for vegans!print share this
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
1 slender Japanese eggplant, sliced ½” thick on the diagonal
1 medium zucchini, sliced ½” thick on the diagonal
2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 package organicgirlⓇ little gems
⅓ cup organicgirlⓇ herb goddess dressing
Chopped fresh parsley
1. if using bamboo skewers, soak 6 skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
2. prepare a hot grill fire, preheat a gas grill on medium-high heat for 10 minutes, preheat an indoor grill, or heat a grill pan on medium heat until hot.
3. thread tomatoes onto 2 skewers. if using a charcoal or gas grill, thread onion wedges onto skewers, using 2 parallel skewers to hold wedges in place. brush tomatoes, onion, eggplant, and zucchini with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. grill vegetables, turning frequently, until charred and softened, moving them to a cooler part of the grill if needed to cook them through without burning. transfer to a medium bowl, taking tomatoes and onion wedges off skewers, and toss together.
5. in a serving bowl toss little gems with dressing. top with vegetables, then sprinkle with parsley.