cauliflower tortilla steak taco
these gluten-free cauliflower tortilla steak tacos are just what you need for your cinco de mayo fiesta! we've partnered with CAULIPOWERⓇ and TapatioⓇ to bring you these spicy, low-carb steak tacos paired with our crisp and crunchy romaine leaves to pump up your party!print share this
1 cup chopped organicgirlⓇ romaine heart leaves
1 3/4 pound flank steak, trimmed
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tbs. fresh lime
1/2 tbs. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 red onion
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
6 CAULIPOWERⓇ cauliflower tortillas
TapatioⓇ hot sauce
1. sprinkle steak with pepper, pressing to adhere.
2. heat grill pan over medium-high heat. coat pan with cooking spray. add steak to pan; grill 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. place steak on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
3. cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. mix lime juice, olive oil and garlic and drizzle over steak; sprinkle with salt.
4. chop your onion and your red and green bell peppers.
5. lightly sauté the bell peppers in a skillet with olive oil to roast.
6. remove frozen cauliflower tortilla from pouch and place remaining tortillas back in the freezer.
7. place frozen tortilla in center of skillet. heat on high for 30-45 seconds. use spatula or tongs to flip the tortilla and heat on high for 30-45 seconds, or until desired crispness is reached. carefully remove tortilla from skillet with spatula or tongs.
8. top each tortilla with romaine, steak, bell peppers and red onion.
9. garnish with TapatioⓇ or your favorite hot sauce or salsa.