tofu and mango spring rolls recipe
these spring rolls are a fun DIY treat that might trick you into thinking you took a trip to a Thailand! our crisp butter lettuce, fresh herbs, juicy mango, and tofu marinated in our tangy tropical ginger dressing will create a flavor explosion that you'll have to taste to believe! a perfect appetizer or anytime snack, especially if you like playing with your food!print share this
8 spring rolls
14oz block extra-firm tofu
½ cup organicgirlⓇ tropical ginger dressing, plus more for serving
8 rice paper spring roll wrappers
16 organicgirlⓇ butter lettuce leaves
¼ head red cabbage, finely shredded
½ cup fresh mint leaves
½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
½ cup fresh thai basil leaves
1 large mango, peeled and thinly sliced
1. cut tofu in half width-wise and place on several layers of paper towels or a folded kitchen towel. top with several layers of paper towels or another kitchen towel, then place a small cutting board on top. weigh down with large cans or a heavy pot for 30 minutes.
2. remove weight, cutting board, and paper towels or kitchen towels, then cut tofu into 8 strips. transfer to a small dish and pour dressing over. cover and marinate for 30 minutes or refrigerate up to 24 hours.
3. preheat oven to 425℉. lightly oil a baking sheet.
4. place tofu on prepared baking sheet, leaving space between pieces. bake until browned, about 25 minutes, then let cool completely.
5. working with 1 at a time, dip each spring roll wrapper briefly in cool water, then lay on a damp kitchen towel. place 2 mango slices in center of wrapper, then top with 1 piece of tofu, a few mint leaves, a few cilantro leaves, a few basil leaves, cabbage, and 2 lettuce leaves.
6. fold bottom of wrapper over filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly. place on a platter and cover loosely with a damp kitchen towel. repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
7. serve spring rolls immediately with more dressing for dipping.