green ghost sugar cookies
delight all the ghouls and boys at your next halloween party with this green ghost sugar cookies recipe! these cookies are super cute, delicious, and surprisingly healthy. packed with baby kale SPRING MIX, you won't even taste the greens underneath the classic vanilla flavor. trick, or treat?print share this
delight all the ghouls and boys at your next halloween party with this green ghost sugar cookies recipe! these cookies are super cute, delicious, and surprisingly healthy. packed with baby kale SPRING MIX, you won't even taste the greens underneath the classic vanilla flavor. trick, or treat?
makes 1.5 to 2 dozen
1 packed cup organicgirl© baby kale SPRING MIX, minced
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
⅔ cup sugar
1½ teaspoons vanilla
2½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
for the icing:
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons meringue powder or 1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup water
black edible decorator marker or black icing
1. beat butter, baby kale SPRING MIX, and sugar in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. beat in vanilla, then egg until smooth.
2. in a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder and mix into butter until smooth.
3. divide dough in half, shape each half into a disk, wrap tightly, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
5. let dough sit at room temperature until soft enough to roll out without cracking, and roll out on a lightly floured surface to ¼” thick. use ghost cookie cutter to cut out cookies as close together as possible. reroll and cut out dough scraps one time.
6. place cookies on baking sheets and bake until light brown, 10-12 minutes, rotating the pans in the oven halfway through baking. cool completely.
7. using an electric mixer, combine powdered sugar and meringue powder or egg white. mixing on low speed, gradually stream in vanilla and water. continue to mix until it is a smooth, thin consistency. transfer to a piping bag or clean, plastic freezer bag. if using a freezer bag cut off a small tip from one corner of the bag for piping. use the icing to outline then fill each cookie.
8. decorate with candy eyes, and use black decorator marker to draw a mouth.