tuscan baby kale and sausage soup
bring the flavors of italy to your holiday table with our tuscan baby kale and sausage soup recipe! this zippy, deep-flavored soup is easy to make. this soup is full of garlicky, creamy goodness and savory flavors plus our baby kale mix for some green goodness. perfect served as the side to a salad or sandwich, or enjoy a large bowl on a cold day!print share this
3 cups organicgirl© 100% baby kale, chopped
8 oz. water
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 large russet potatoes, diced
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 pound hot italian sausage
1 quart chicken broth
1 medium yellow onion, diced
7 strips of bacon, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. brown the sausage in one large soup pot. add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
2. add potatoes, garlic and onions to the pot and continue to boil until the potatoes are done, stirring occasionally.
3. add bacon, salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. mash the potatoes to preferred consistency, stir in the heavy whipping cream and mix well.
5. add in the chopped baby kale and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. turn heat to low until ready to serve and enjoy!