spicy double dark chocolate brownies recipe
there are layers of flavor in this spicy double dark chocolate brownies recipe! so many layers, in fact, that you'll never believe there's spinach hidden in these yummy holiday treats. cinnamon and cayenne add depth to these rich chocolate squares, while coarse sea salt sprinkled on top elevates the dessert to a whole new level. make these brownies a healthier new tradition!print share this
5 oz. organicgirl© SUPER SPINACH!
2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 oz. unsweetened dark chocolate, chopped ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
¾ cup butter 1 cup all-purpose flour
1½ cups sugar 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
coarse sea salt
1. preheat oven to 350˚F and coat a 13” x 9” pan with non-stick cooking spray. in a large bowl, add unsweetened dark chocolate & butter, microwave on high for 30-second intervals, stirring until chocolate is melted.
2. stir in the eggs, sugar and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
3. add cinnamon, cayenne & flour and mix until smooth.
4. pulse spinach in food processor until finely chopped.
5. stir in chopped spinach and chocolate chips.
6. pour batter into pan & sprinkle top with coarse sea salt.
7. bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out with fudge-like crumbs. let brownies cool before cutting.