sausage and sweet potato frittata
start your day strong with this sausage and sweet potato frittata recipe! this savory frittata is packed with flavor. sausage, sweet potato, and our baby bok choy mixed together with eggs give you a boost of protein to power through your day. perfect for breakfast or a holiday brunch!print share this
1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
8 ounces bulk chicken breakfast sausage, or sausage alternative
1 medium sweet potato, cut into ½” cubes
fine sea salt and black pepper
1 package (5oz) organicgirlⓇ baby bok choy
6 large eggs
¼ cup heavy cream or non-dairy milk
1. preheat oven to 425°F. in a 10” ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium. add sausage and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a spoon, until browned. transfer to a plate and set aside.
2. toss sweet potatoes in remaining fat in skillet, adding a little extra if needed to lightly coat the potatoes, and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
3. roast until tender, 15-20 minutes. add greens to skillet, stir to lightly coat with oil, and return to oven just until greens are wilted, about 3 minutes. remove skillet from oven and reduce oven heat to 350°F.
4. in a medium bowl beat eggs and cream or milk with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
5. add sausage to skillet, then add eggs and stir to combine with sausage, potatoes, and greens. return the skillet to the oven and cook until the eggs are set, about 15 minutes.
6. serve warm or at room temperature.