minty green chocolate chip cookies recipe
start a conversation with this minty green chocolate chip cookies recipe! this yummy holiday treat will make others green with envy. not only are they delicious, but they boast the nutritional boost of spinach! share with a friend or loved one for a great homemade gift, or serve at your next holiday event!print share this
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
⅓ cup sugar
⅓ cup packed brown sugar
2 packed cups organicgirl© SUPER SPINACH!, finely minced in a food processor
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 375°F. line a large baking sheet with parchment.
2. in a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. beat in minced greens, then peppermint extract, then egg until smooth. beat in flour until almost combined, then add chocolate chips and mix in.
4. drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2” apart on baking sheet. bake until cookies are browned, 8-10 minutes.
5. let stand on baking sheet 3 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool. enjoy!