hearty lentil and kale chili recipe
cozy up with this hearty lentil and kale chili recipe! go bold this holiday with a big pot of this chili! this recipe makes a warming meal with way more goodness than the average chili. kale and tons of veggies gives you the healthy kick you need, while warm lentils and beans in a rich sauce with a jalapeño garnish keeps you feeling warm and fuzzy no matter how cold it gets outside! great as a hearty lunch or dinner on a cold day.print share this
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
4 garlic cloves, chopped
¼ cup chili powder
4 cups vegetable stock
1 can (14 ounces) pinto beans, drained
1 can (14 ounces) black beans, drained
1 can (14 ounces) kidney beans, drained
½ cup red lentils
1 package (5 ounce) organicgirl© i heart baby kale
1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
1. in a soup pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. add onion, bell pepper and salt and saute until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
2. stir in garlic and chili powder and cook 1 minute more.
3. add stock, pinto beans, black beans, kidney beans, and lentils. bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer gently until lentils are tender, about 20-25 minutes.
4. stir in kale and cook 3 minutes more or until wilted.
5. separate into bowls.
6. garnish chili with jalapeños, cilantro, and lime wedges.