cashew chicken stir fry recipe
add some greens to your plate with our cashew chicken stir fry recipe! who said veggies need to be in a salad? not us! our baby bok choy gives a kick of health to this stir fry. garlic, ginger, and other spices add some crazy amazing flavor to this skillet, while broccoli and chicken pack in the protein. whip up this stir fry recipe as a yummy dinner that is sure to fill you up!print share this
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar or agave
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
3 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2” pieces
3 garlic cloves, minced
1” piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 cup bite-sized broccoli florets
2 packed cups organicgirl© baby bok choy
1/2 cup cashews
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
2 green onions, thinly sliced
cooked white rice, for serving
1. in a small bowl stir together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. set aside.
2. in a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high: add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. stir in garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds more or until fragrant.
3. stir in broccoli and soy sauce mixture and cover. cook until broccoli is tender, about 3 minutes.
4. remove lid and stir in baby bok choy until wilted. add cashews and cornstarch mixture and stir briefly, just until thickened.
5. serve sprinkled with green onions over white rice.