twice-baked sweet potatoes with bacon and white cheddar
enjoy all the flavor without all the calories in this twice-baked sweet potatoes with bacon and white cheddar recipe! these twice-baked sweet potatoes will make you feel good about indulging. wholesome sweet potatoes are stuffed with our rebel greens and topped with bacon, chives, and our white cheddar dressing. these stuffed potatoes are perfect for the holiday season! serve them as an appetizer or as a side to your favorite salad or soup.print share this
4 medium sweet potatoes
4 slices thick-cut bacon
1 package (5oz) organicgirlⓇ baby bok choy
salt and black pepper to taste
1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar (4oz)
½ cup organicgirlⓇ white cheddar dressing
¼ cup minced chives
1. preheat oven to 400°F.
2. place sweet potatoes directly on oven rack in center of oven, with a baking sheet on the rack below to catch any drips. bake until completely soft, about 1 hour.
3. meanwhile, in a medium skillet cook bacon, turning occasionally, until crisp. transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain. when cool, crumble.
4. pour off all but about 2 teaspoons bacon fat from the skillet. with skillet still over medium heat add greens and cook, stirring, until wilted. add salt and pepper.
5. cut a slit lengthwise down the center of each sweet potato and use a fork to mash the flesh. add salt and pepper to taste. top each sweet potato with greens and cheese and place on a baking sheet. return to oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
6. drizzle dressing over potatoes and sprinkle with crumbled bacon and chives.