roasted beet and bleu cheese salad recipe
turn up the beet with this delicious beet salad! roasted beets topped with walnuts, blue cheese, and dill, drizzled to perfection with our creamy bleu cheese dressing! perfect for your next holiday get-together or an extra-special side any night of the week!print share this
2 bunches multicolored beets, trimmed and scrubbed
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup organicgirlⓇ bleu cheese dressing
⅓ cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
1. preheat oven to 400℉. in a medium baking dish, drizzle beets with oil.
2. add ½ cup water and toss beets.
3. cover tightly with foil, and bake until beets are fork-tender, about 1 hour.
4. when beets are cool enough to handle, use a paper towel to help rub off the skins
5. cut beets into ¾” thick wedges and transfer to a medium bowl.
6. add vinegar, salt, and pepper and toss.
7. arrange beets on a platter and drizzle with dressing.
8. sprinkle with walnuts, blue cheese, and dill. enjoy!