coconut-crusted chicken salad recipe
here's a tropical twist on your typical chicken strips: chicken breast is infused with flavor from our tropical ginger dressing, then breaded in a coconut-panko mixture to crispy perfection. toss our chopped romaine hearts with some of the same dressing and top with oranges, cashews, and the crispy chicken for a protein-packed salad that is doing the MOST!print share this
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
½ cup organicgirlⓇ tropical ginger dressing, plus more for dressing salad
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup cornstarch
2 large eggs
¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
¾ cup fine shredded unsweetened coconut
1 container organicgirlⓇ romaine heart leaves, chopped
1 navel orange, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
½ cup roasted unsalted cashews
1. slice chicken breasts lengthwise into ½” wide strips and transfer to a medium bowl. add dressing and toss to coat. cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
2. preheat oven to 425℉. lightly oil a large baking sheet.
3. in a wide, shallow bowl, whisk to combine flour and cornstarch. in a second bowl, beat eggs well. in a third bowl, combine panko and coconut.
4. remove chicken from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. coat chicken with flour, then egg, then coconut mixture and place on prepared baking sheet.
5. bake until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
6. in a large bowl toss romaine with dressing to taste. transfer romaine to a platter and top with orange, cashews, and chicken.